Guidance Counsellors provide both intervention and prevention service for personal, social, educational, and career-related issues. Tasks such as time-tabling, university and college applications, graduation, career planning, personal counselling, new student registration, maintenance of student records, liaison with feeder schools, etc. are extended functions of the office.
Counsellors identify at-risk students and ensure that programs are put in place to match these students' needs. Counsellors work in conjunction with our Student Success Teachers, Resource Department, Youth Counsellor, other support staff and the administrative team to ensure a quality high-school experience for each student.
The office is open from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Guidance is the perfect place to begin if you don't know where to start with a question. Come in and make an appointment to meet with a counsellor or call 905-894-3461.
- Mr. Bill Connor: Program Leader: Student Services (ext. 64525)
Student Success Staff
- Ms. Leanne Briggs, Program Leader: Student Success and Special Education
- Mr. David Harrington, Special Education Resource Teacher (ext. 64519)
- Mrs. Jessica Carthew, Student Services/Guidance Secretary, ext. 64514
- Mr. Dave Krar, Youth Counsellor (available on Thursday and Friday afternoon) ext. 81062
- Ms Mikylah Death, Social Worker (available on Tuesday) ext 52385
- Mrs Stacy Patterson, Public Health Nurse (available on Wednesday) ext. 64526
- Mr Jeff Sica, Alcohol and Drug Counsellor
- Mrs Sheila Maracle, First Nations, Metis, Inuit Advisor (available on request)